There is something about the taste of shrimp that truly makes them unique; the thought of them in which ever form is mouth-watering and the potential to create dishes with it is endless! This marinated shrimp appetizer/ finger food, whether chopped and served on toasted bread, or served whole with a toothpick is a sure success; if you want to play it safe, take out the capers, as not everybody likes them!
7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
500g large uncooked shrimp
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 bsp chopped fresh dill
2 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp rinsed Santorini capers
2 green onions
1 lemon, cut into rounds & fresh dill sprigs, for decoration (optional)
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Cut the peppers in brunoise
- Grate the lemon skin for the rind and squeeze for the juice
- Rinse the capers well and strain
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; add shrimp to pan and sauté until just opaque, about 3 minutes.Transfer to plate.
2. Mix the mustard, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill and garlic in large bowl. Add 5 tablespoons oil whilst mixing; season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix in shrimp and accumulated juices, capers and green onions. Cool slightly, then cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
Garnish with lemon rounds and fresh dill sprigs