It cant get healthier for party food: lean beef mince, antioxidant sesame and tahini, uplifting garlic and low fat yogurt. Even if you are not watching your diet, you will love these!
for the kebabs
½ kg lean ground beef mince
1 barley rusk or 2 thick slices of day old bread
2 tbsp tahini
½ clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds
tsp cumin powder
salt, pepper, olive oil
12 wooden skewers
for the yogurt dip
250 ml. Greek style yogurt, 2% fat
1 tbsp min, fresh (chopped) or dried
½ tsp cumin
mini pita breads
- Soak the rusks or bread in water until completely soft.
- Strain well form all water and knead in the mince together with all the ingredients until you have a homogenous mix. Season well according to taste.
- Take about 2 tbsp of mince mix and form oblong sausage-shaped kebabs. Thread these on to wooden skewers. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.
- Brush the kebabs with oil, place them on a baking sheet and grill for 20 minutes turning frequently, until golden.
- To make the yogurt dip, just combine all the ingredients and season well. It is better if you make it a day in advance so the flavours will develop.
- Serve 2 kebabs per person, on warm pita bread topped with parsley and chopped tomatoes with the dip on the side.