½ kilo (about 1 pound) fresh beef or pork sausages
4 large green bell peppers, caps removed and seeded
3 Florina preserved red peppers, drained
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp dried Greek oregano or 2-3 sprigs fresh oregano
1 cup fresh tomato sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Separate the sausages, link by link. Cut into ½ inch round or oval slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet and sauté the sausages over medium heat until browned and cooked through.
- Cut the green peppers into one-inch wide strips. Cut the Roasted Florina Peppers, into one-inch wide strips and cut in half lengthwise to be about the same size as the green bell pepper strips.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a separate nonstick skillet and sauté the green peppers until soft but firm. Add the red peppers, toss to combine.
- Empty the peppers into the skillet where the sausage is cooking. Toss all together. Pour in vinegar, oregano and three tablespoons of the Tomato Sauce.
- Cook all together for 3-4 minutes, for the flavors to meld. Remove and portion out onto individual plates. Spoon remaining Tomato Sauce around the plate and serve.