This simple Greek stew is a wonderful way to get everyone to enjoy cauliflower. The tomatoes give it a nice zesty flavor.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large red onions,peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks,trimmed and chopped
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 rosemary sprig
- ½ cup dry red or white wine
- 1-2 tbs red wine vinegar
Heat 3 tbs olive oil in a stewing pot and cook the onions, stirring, over medium-low heat until soft, about 12 minutes.
Add the celery and garlic and stir for a few minutes.
Toss in the cauliflower.
Add tomatoes, bay leaf, rosemary, wine and vinegar.
Add enough water to come about two-thirds of the way up the contents of the pot.
Season with salt and pepper and simmer, covered, until the sauce is thick and the cauliflower and celery tender.
Just before removing from heat, add remaining oil and adjust seasoning with vinegar.