The texture of this Italian pasta dish is rich and unusual and although the combination of ingredients is so impressive it is so easy to make.
500 g of penne pasta
1 cauliflower, approx. 300 g
50 g of pine nuts
1/2 cup of raisins
1/3 cup of olive oil
parsley, finely chopped
150 g of Cretan gruyere cheese
1. Wash the cauliflower well and separate into small florets.
2. Add to a pan of salted, boiling water and boil for approx. 5 minutes; drain well.
3. Place pasta in a pan of boiling water and cook.
4. In a frying pan, lightly cook the pine nuts in olive oil, add the cauliflower florets and the raisins; season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
6. Drain the pasta and add to the cauliflower mixture; add the parsley and a little of the water the pasta was cooked in if the mixture is too dry.