Ouzo adds unique Greek flavor to the classic meatball, and appetizer favorite.
500 gr pork mince
500 gr veal mince
3 slices of bread (soak in water and squeeze)
1 tbs of ouzo
1 onion grated
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 tbs of parsley, finely chopped
2 tbs of mint, finely chopped
1 tbs of oregano
sunflower oil or corn oil
- Grate the onion.
- Crush the garlic.
- Finely chop the parsley and the mint.
- Soak the bread and squeeze.
- In a bowl, combine the mince and the damp bread.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley, mint, oregano, egg, ouzo, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to knead the ingredients and add the water to moisten the mixture.
- Roll into little meatballs, coat in flour and fry in plenty of hot oil.
- When browned all over, drain meatballs on absorbent paper to remove excess oil and serve.