Pork does well with sweet and tangy flavors and this marinade with orange, honey , cinnamon, garlic and rosemary is perfect.
4 pieces pork leg
juice of 2 oranges
2 oranges in slices
1 crab apple, in slices
½ cup honey
1 cup Samian wine
1 cup white wine
1 cup water
2 cinnamon sticks
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
4 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs rosemary
salt & pepper
Preheat oven at 180 º C.
- Slice 2 oranges and apple
- Finely slice garlic Wash the meat well and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine well the orange juice, honey, wines, cinnamon sticks, cloves, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the pork in the marinade you have just prepared, cover with some cling film and let it stay for nearly 24 hours. From time to time, turn the meat so that the marinade goes on all sides.
1. Remove the meat from the marinade the next day, place it on a large baking-tin and pour the marinade and some water over it.
2. Place orange and apple slices on top of the pork’s surface and cover with aluminum foil.
3. Bake for about 3 ½ hours at 180 ºC. On and off turn it on all sides and sprinkle it with its juice. If needed add some extra water.
4. When it is almost ready remove the aluminum foil and allow it to brown.