These Greek olive pastry triangles are a healthy and tasty snack that can be eaten any time of the day.
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 small fennel bulb, chopped
1 large red onion, chopped
2 cups rinsed, pitted kalamata olives
1 tsp. dried mint
2 tsp. Greek oregano
500 g commercial phyllo, thawed and at room temperature
Preheat oven at 190° C.
1. Heat 3 tbs. olive oil in a large, heavy skillet and saute the fennel and onions until translucent.
2. Combine the onion-fennel mixture with the olives and toss in mint and oregano.
3. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
4. Unroll phyllo and keep covered with a towel.
5. Remove one sheet at a time, cut in half lengthwise.
6. Brush the surface of each strip then fold over to get a thinner strip, about 3 inches (7,5 cm) wide.
7. Place a tsp of the filling on the bottom of the strip and fold up from corner to corner to form a triangle.
8. Place seamside down on the baking sheet.
9. Continue with remaining phyllo and filling.
10. Bake for about 15 minutes and serve immediately or at room temperature.