You can stuff just about any vegetable with anything, and it just so happens that in Greece people throughout time have actually explored most of the stuffed vegetable options available producing fantastic recipes that satisfy both the vegetarians and the carnivores!
2 medium aubergines cut half lengthwise and flesh removed carefully without cutting the skin.
2 dry onions finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
1/2 kg mushrooms sliced
½ tsp sweet paprika
½ tsp sweet cumin
1 can tomato
½ bunch finely chopped parsley
1 cup grated yellow cheeses
sunflower oil for frying
salt & pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C
1. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, fry them in the sunflower oil and let them drain on paper towels.
2. Add the onions to the aubergine flesh, grate the garlic and sauté them in 2-3 tbs. olive oil.
3. Add the mushrooms, add salt to the mixture and cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the tomato and the parsley to the sautéed mushrooms and stir. Sprinkle the aubergines with the paprika and cumin and stuff them with the mixture. Top with grated cheese
5. Bake the aubergines for about 15′ until golden brown and serve hot or at room temperature.