Figs are one of those fruits that come to visit rarely but are so appreciated in the Mediterranean that we have created all sorts of dishes with them! They have a curious texture that often repulses people, but a wonderful taste that can be used in savory and sweet dishes.
250 gr feta
2 small fennel bulbs
1/2 tbsp ρetimezi
30 gr butter
1 tbsp olive οil
1 tbsp cider vinegar
a pinch οf freshly ground all spice
1 tspρ anise seed
1 bunch fresh dill
salt, freshly ground pepper
- Wash and dry the fennel and remove the outer leaves if they have fibers. Cut the fennel into rounds.
- Wash and dry the figs.Without removing the skins, cut into rounds.
- Coarsely chop the dill for garnish.
- Saute the fennel in the butter οn a low heat for 2-3 minutes and then add the vinegar.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then add the figs.
- Salt and pepper tο taste and sprinkle with the anise seeds.
- Simmer for 4 minutes more then remove from the heat.
- To serve layer the fennel and the figs, sprinkle with the crumbled feta and dill and drizzle with petimezi and olive oil.