This recipe is the simplest version of Dawood/Daoud Basha you will find; for a lighter taste mix lamb and pork. It is an easy dish to make and accompanied with plain white rice wll give you a very authentic experience of this age-old Lebanese delicacy!
1 lb pearl onions
1 lb lamb
2 tbsp flour
2 cups water
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper
- Peel onions and leave whole.
- Mince meat twice, then knead with seasoning.
1. Wet hands and shape meat into small round balls.
2. Fry onions until pale brown.
3. Remove and fry meatballs in the same fat. Remove and add to onions.
4. In the same pot, brown the flour, remove from flame, add water, and stir until thin. Return to flame with cinnamon, adjust seasoning, and boil.
5. Gently lower meatballs and onions into the pot and simmer over moderate flame. Immediately before serving add lemon juice and boil 1-2 minutes longer.