Strapatsatha is a traditional Greek loose omelet with many variations of ingredients but most important are the very ripe, tasty tomatoes.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large garlic clove crushed
2 large ripe tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped -optional
1. Take one tomato at a time, and trim off the base. Hold the tomato from its stem end and grate it by hand on a wide-toothed cheese grater into a bowl. (The skin will tear and the pulp will end up mealy and pulverized in the bowl.) Repeat with remaining tomatoes.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the garlic over medium-low heat for one minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook over medium heat until most of their liquid has evaporated.
4. Add the parsley and stir.
5. Crack the eggs into a bowl, beat slightly, season with salt and pepper, and add them to the skillet.
6. Mix them immediately with a fork to scramble, and cook them to desired consistency.
7. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately.